2301 W. 22nd Street
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Elgin, IL US
Ensure conformance to environmental regulations and company environmental policies and guidelines. Develops, directs, and manages programs, procedures and systems to comply with federal and state environmental regulations and to address potential environmental liabilities. Responsible for Environmental Management System, Risk Management Program, wastewater, air permitting and reporting, EPCRA reporting, storm water pollution prevention, spill prevention controls and countermeasures, hazardous waste and hazardous materials (DOT) management, and inspections related to environmental programs. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain EMS and ISO 140001 certification and conformance to the standard.
- Regularly conducts facility inspections (hazardous waste, storm water, etc).
- Assist with environmental site audits and coordinate the facility response to audit findings.
- Ensure facility compliance RMP and environmental regulations.
- Manage preparation of permit applications for modifications and renewals.
- Work with Corporate and Plant engineers on construction projects as needed.
- Performs complex technical work to ensure compliance with environmental requirements.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions and obtains management approval for implementation.
- Develops, implements, and maintains programs, systems, and procedures to ensure compliance with environmental requirements.
- Conducts compliance assurance reviews of environmental programs and requirements.
- Recommends improvements in processes, management systems, procedures, and operating equipment to comply with environmental requirements.
- Responds to and investigates environmental incidents such as spills, releases, NOVs, and complaints.
- Develops and conducts employee training and emergency preparedness.
- Preparation of external and internal reports.
- Provides regulatory interpretations and technical advice to operating assets using effective communications techniques.
- Performs due diligence as required.
- Maintains expert knowledge of existing and proposed environmental regulations.
- Provides leadership and direction through effective communications to less experienced operations staff.
- Assists with occupational safety programs as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor s degree or an advanced degree in environmental science, engineering, or a related degree and 1 year experience with environmental compliance and EMS (ISO 14001), OR equivalent experience and training.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental laws, including but not limited to Clean Air Act, RCRA, CERCLA, SARA, Clean Water Act and various state environmental laws . Working knowledge and experience in analyzing and implementing permit requirements; identifying environmental issues; providing recommendations and developing clear SOP' s.
- Must have advanced mathematical, science and analytical abilities.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats.
- Knowledge of Presentation software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis