Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to read complicated blueprints and timing diagrams.
- Perform adjustments for proper bearing preloads (input and output) using dial torque wrench, adjust cams for proper follower contact dwell and adjust cam heights using depth micrometer/height gages to attain proper follower contact in motion.
- Ability to distinguish and identify proper tooling needs for assembly and testing needs.
- Performs work that may include routine/repetitive assembly operations and processes that will range from moderately to very complicated.
- Requires the use of fixtures, equipment, and a wide range of hand/power tools.
- Ability to follow written work instructions and verbal work instructions precisely.
- Works from prints to assemble component parts in a timely and professional fashion, while maintaining the quality standards and level of excellence our customers expect.
- Completes necessary paperwork including routers, inspection sheets, scrap reports and non-conformances.
- Packs and palletizes products as well as create and affix labels and tags to assemblies.Erforms all functions in department and willing to rotate between different cells within the assembly department
- Operates within acceptable defect rate.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively use all necessary measuring instruments, such as micrometer, calipers, depth micrometer, granite tables and .0001 indicators to ensure conformance. May be required to make minor adjustments to assembly practices based on quality measurements.
- Identifies when preventative maintenance is needed on assigned equipment.
- Performs basic math including working with decimal numbers, ability to use a scale, and problem solving abilities.
- Advises supervisor of conduct that may violate rules, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.