Wood Dale, IL
Summary: Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process by performing the following duties.
The quality control inspector responsibility is to verify that manufactured parts, incoming material and outside services are in compliance with customer specifications using inspection control methods and procedures. This includes but is not limited to visual, mechanical and automated inspection techniques. The QA inspector must also be able to provide detailed written summaries of the inspection results and support acceptability and/or non-conformance. The inspector may also perform internal auditing functions as required. The QA inspector will insure product integrity to specifications. The QA inspector will also have routine interaction with all departments and levels throughout the company.
- Job duties to be performed with limited supervision.
- Inspector must be able to perform First Article Inspection and write reports in compliance to ISO 9001-2008 and AS 9100 C required formats.
- Inspector will also perform receiving inspection of parts and material from suppliers for conformance; incoming inspection, in process inspection and final inspections to confirm all operations have been completed to job and customer specification.
- Apply mechanical and automated metrology and inspection techniques where appropriate.
- Interpret and determine the mechanical and dimensional aspects of customer drawings.
- Input required inspection data into databases or spreadsheets and complete all quality control documentation and inspection sheets.
- Interface with customers, vendors, and various internal departments to resolve quality issues and provide information for root cause and corrective actions.
- Develop precise and detailed written notation of findings related to acceptability and non-conformance of what they are inspecting.
- Follow direction and implement added scope objectives and activities outlined by Quality Manager.
- Utilize the company s Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) and Keyence Vision Inspection Systems.
- Set-up, adjust and write programs for the CMM and Keyence as needed.
- Assist with the training of employees on use and ensure conformity to specified inspection intervals.
- Conduct and write up corrective actions as needed.
- Note any deviations and coordinate with supervisors and managers.
- Make recommendations for future production runs.
- Ensure accurate counts of parts.
- A high school degree, related two year technical degree a plus.
- Over 5 years experience in a quality inspection role with a practical hands on knowledge of mechanical and automated inspection using both standard calibrated inspection instruments and tools.
- Experience running automated inspection equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and orally.
- Hands-on working knowledge and experience with ISO 9001 and AS9100 requirements a plus.
- Possess a high level of analytical skills to determine critical and key characteristics.
- Must be computer literate in MS Office Software utilities and applications.
- The person must be familiar with and have experience with drawing interpretation (GD&T) and inspection activities, manufacturing processes and problem solving techniques.
- Experience working in an aerospace, medical and or DOD product manufacturing business a plus.
- Knowledgeable of manufacturing processes related to precision machining a plus.
- Communication - expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening, and keeps others informed through appropriate communication methods
- Dependability - responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, and ensures commitments are being met
- Flexibility - adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, provides and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests
- Work Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality and productivity