Reports directly to the Value Stream Manager. Responsible for all aspects of daily production as well as driving continuous improvement. JOB DUTIES:
- Maintain a safe work environment and verify safe employee work habits.
- Demonstrate an attitude of respect while ensuring the same is done by all employees at all times. This includes fair and consistent interpretation and enforcement of company rules and policies.
- Maintain a clean and well organized work environment.
- Develop and execute daily strategy to best allocate resources.
- Design, as required, and execute activities supporting Quality initiatives.
- Coordinating all resources to achieve velocity expectations.
- Drive manufacturing costs down through expense reduction and productivity improvements.
- Facilitate all training/cross training requirements.
- Recommend and initiate personnel actions, such as: reviews, promotions, transfers, terminations, pay increases, coaching, and disciplinary measures.
- Monitor production and payroll transactions.
- Management of all raw material, process, and equipment requirements.
- Lead others in continuous improvement identification, systematic planning, and thorough execution.
- Approve time and attendance.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
- Continued education or equivalent capabilities preferred.
- Knowledge of various sheet metal fabrication processes.
- High level of interpersonal skills to elicit maximum performance from employees.
- Exposure to safe manufacturing practices.
- Experience with 5S and Lean Principles.
- Understanding of Quality process (isolation, disposition, analysis, and corrective action).
- Demonstrated ability to address personnel activities.
- Exemplifies distinct responsibility (ownership) for initiatives.
- Solid communication skills effective, thorough, clear, and well supported.
- Systematic problem solving/project management abilities.
- Effective time management practices.
- Sound math skill set.
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Ability to effectively present ideas, action items, findings, and conclusions.