- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment at all times in areas where mandatory
- Performs specialized machining work of substantial variety and complexity under very limited or no supervision.
- Performs work as an expert-level machinist and uses power-operated machine tools to produce precision metal parts and components to exact specifications.
- Must be proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators.
- Must be highly proficient in the set up and operation of all types of machine tools, power tools, and special machine tools such as mills, drills, lathes, grinders, and saws.
- Works with a wide range of materials to produce experimental, development or prototype hardware, components and/or complete assemblies in support of new product development tooling or other engineering efforts.
- Reads and interpret technical drawings to determine production methods.
- Reads and reviews engineering drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Performs complex tool design, layout, and diversified work involving extremely close tolerances.
- Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Coordinates work with other technical and tooling employees and confers with engineers and programmers to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Determines and follows procedures to visually or mechanically inspect parts for defects as part of in-process inspection.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete end product.
- Understands and meets or exceeds quality standards; seeks to minimize reject rate.
- Accurately uses the computer system and department specific software in performance of job duties
- Knows and follows all safety requirements, including emergency evacuation; strives to maintain a safe work environment and reports potential hazards to lead or supervisor. All employees will be responsible for knowing where non-hazardous waste collection containers are located and for putting non-hazardous wastes in appropriate containers.
- Maintains an acceptable level of performance by following established policies and procedures, and participating in continuous improvement efforts by supporting and implementing new ideas
- Sets a positive example by maintaining a respective attitude, cooperating with co-workers, management, internal and external customers; maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality, and is a productive team member and helps to meet departmental and Company goals.
- Willingly accepts responsibility of sharing skills and knowledge with other employees.
- Exhibits effective cooperation and communication skills to effectively work within a team environment.
- Effectively gives and receives feedback; willingly asks questions and seeks direction, as needed
- Assists and/or performs in any and all areas as assigned
- May work any and all shifts/days as required
- Maintains acceptable level of cleanliness in the work area