Our client, a leading manufacturer in the Automotive Industry is looking to add a Controls Engineer to their growing team due to tremendous growth. This position is responsible for providing controls engineering input to various product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering and operations.
- Connect electric power to machines and equipment, and control wires between machines and equipment.
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify and design PLC based electrical control system and motion control system. Monitor, modify and write PLC programs.
- Troubleshoot, and modify CNC machines.
- Plan layout and wire electrical control panel and install on industrial machinery.
- Good understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Able to design a control system using PLC, motion control, and MM
- Diagnose and replace faulty electrical and electronic components of machine such as relays, switches, motors, positions sensing devices, and printed circuit boards
- 0-5 years previous experience with an automotive environment desirable
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent with an electrical or controls engineering focus
- Understanding of APQP process
- Experience with Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC s
- Ability to design a control system using a PLC, motion control and MMI