Elk Grove Village, IL
The Laminator Operator functions under the direct supervision of the Lamination Lead. This position is responsible setting-up and operating the laminating machine to meet or exceed customer quality specifications. Accountable and ultimately responsible for the quality and quantity of material produced and all related documentation.
SOME DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads job specifications and previous run data (if available) to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Ensures job and material is in order prior to machine set up. Performs set up and pushes button to activate laminator.
- Loads and unloads roll stock.
- Mixes prescribed adhesives, catalysts and solvents to the proper working viscosity.
- Assists in ordering and maintaining chemical inventory and supplies.
- Observes machine operation to detect defects or machine malfunction. Makes corrections to alleviate out of specification product.
- Checks and records bond strengths.
- Meets or exceeds prescribed job standards for line speeds, scrap and set up times. • Performs minor machine maintenance; reports any necessary maintenance to the engineering department using a written work order.
- Works cooperatively with the Quality Assurance department to ensure the delivery of high quality products.
- Completes required documentation and enters data into the computer database accurately and timely.
- Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a continuous quality improvement environment.
- Review work instructions and procedures that are applicable to the position.
HAZARDOUS WASTE RESPONSIBILITIES
- This individual is responsible for handling and disposing of any hazardous waste associated with printing and laminating processes in accordance with county, state and/or federal guidelines, and may act as an Alternate Emergency Coordinator in the execution of the Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
- Place hazardous waste into correct containers.
- Label and mark hazardous waste containers properly.
- Place hazardous waste containers in storage area.
- Obtain containers for hazardous waste storage.
- Handle hazardous waste containers properly including keeping waste containers closed when not in used and grounding and bonding during the transfer of flammables.
- Respond to hazardous waste emergencies and spills.
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience running lamination equipment using flexible materials.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.